A quick overview of Extemp, to get you started and help you find your way.
1 Folder View
From the starting page of Extemp, you can view, manage and delete your articles and folders.
2 News Feed
Using the second icon from the left-side navigation bar you can open the News Feed, which offers thousands of automatically gathered articles from over 50 sources.
3 Extemp Round
The Extemp Round feature allows you to simulate a tournament round to help you prep. You can use an adjustable timer to set your round time, type in a title and add articles to use as evidence. All the rounds you create (if you've added at least one article) will be found in the Dashboard's Extemp Round Activity section.
4 Practice Questions
The Practice Questions is a new feature from Prepd which allows students to use carefully gathered topic question during a round.
5 Top Bar
This is where the Searching, Sorting and Filtering options are, as well as where you will find the News Feed. This bar is similar throughout our applications (small variation may be caused by context - eg. docket/bill ordering for the Congress Dockets and Bills pages).
- Clicking the Magnifier icon (or typing in a keyword and hitting the Enter key) will open the Smart Search.
- The world icon opens the News Feed, where you can find new articles from 50 news sources.
- The third icon will open the Sort and Filter options, which you can use to narrow down the list of articles displayed on the Article Feed.
6 User menu
Click on the profile picture to open the User Menu. This is where you'll be able to change your team (if you are part of more or have a Premium One), find helpful materials and quick access to out extensions and apps.
7 Folder List
In this area you can sort, filter, create and manage folders and subfolders.
- Folder Filter - Opens a sorting and filtering menu.
- Folder Multi-select - Toggle on to select multiple folders at once.
- Folder Management - Use this to create new folders and subfolders, edit existing ones, as well as merge and delete them.
- Category Management - Will open a window which allows you to create new categories, or edit existing ones.
8 Article List
Lists all the article from the open folder. You can use:
- the 3 dots menu for more options
- the downwards arrow to see the summary
- click on an article to open it
- use the search option above the Article List to search through the open folder
- "Multi-select" button at the top to perform cut/copy/delete actions on multiple articles as once