Sometimes, updates to the Prepd Offline extension change the way files are read from the server. This can create inconsistencies and the application doesn't know how to interpret the new data, thus showing a blank screen. This issue can be easily fixed by reinstalling Prepd Offline and doing a browser rest in the process.
Please follow these steps:
1. Uninstall the extension
- Open a new Chrome tab and type chrome://extensions
- Go through the list until you find Prepd Offline
- Click on the trashcan icon next to it to uninstall it
2. Reset the browser
Note: Please be aware this will remove your pinned tabs, disable your extensions and reset your homepage. However, this step is important and we strongly recommend doing the reset. (For more detailed information on what a reset means, please visit this link: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214 )
- Close all your tabs on Chrome
- In the URL field, enter: chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings
- A new page will load with a pop-up
- Select the “Reset” button
- The browser should also update to the latest version during the reset, but we recommend checking and doing an update as well if needed: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414
- Double-check the content settings to make sure they are correct. Type chrome://settings/content in a new tab and make sure:
- Verify that “Allow local data to be set” is selected.
- Additionally, verify that “Block third-party cookies and site data” is not selected.
3. Reinstall the app
- After it is uninstalled, visit the Chrome Web Store page, for the Prepd Offline extension
- Click on "Add to Chrome" to reinstall it