To check for the current version number, open a new tab and type "chrome://extensions/" in the address bar. On that page, you should see a list of all your installed extensions/apps. There, look for the Fast Catch and Prepd Offline and, next to their title, you'll see the version number. Then, visit the Chrome web store, for the Fast Catch or Prepd Offline, and check to see if the version numbers are the same. If the number on the store is bigger, you will have to update it.
However, if you were expecting an update, but notice it didn't happen there are two way to force it to update:
I. For the update from the Extensions page
- Open a new tab and type: chrome://extensions/
- One that page, tick the "Developer mode" check box, which will trigger a few new buttons to appear on the screen
- Directly beneath the "Developer mode", click the "Update extensions now"
- Check the version number (located next to the title) of the extension and make sure it's the same as the one from the Chrome Web Store (for the Fast Catch or Prepd Offline)
II. Reinstall the app (which will automatically install the updated version)
- One the Extensions page, you can click on the trash-can icon next to the app you want to uninstall to remove it
- Afterwards, visit the Chrome Web Store page (for the Fast Catch or Prepd Offline) and click "Add to Chrome" to install it again
- Check the version number (located next to the title) of the extension and make sure it's the same as the one from the Chrome Web Store for that extension
Note: If you're experiencing problems with the extension or the application, and the update is not helping, we recommend doing a browser reset.