Congress Speeches can be written for any bills within saved Dockets. To write a new speech, open the bills and go to the "Speeches" tab.
There, simply click on the "New Speech" button to open the speech editor.
Within a Speech editor you will have the following options:
- on the upper bar you can type in your speech title, save the speech or use the X button to exit the editor
- the text editing buttons (similar to the options from any other text editors)
- the "Insert Argument" button which you can use to add an Argument to the Speech
- the speech sides - Affirmative/Neutral/Negative - which you can use to tag your speech with one of the 3 options, making it easier to see from the Speech List
- most of the screen will be occupied by the speech content and the added arguments
- on the lower navigation bar, you can make your speech private (depending on the settings set by the coach in the Dashboard, this will make your speech private from your teammates); also on the lower side bar, you can always see the current word count for your speech.
In the speech list, you can use the two sorting options (by side or by author) to quickly access your written speeches.
When a speech is open, click the downwards arrow from the upper navigation bar to download a copy of the speech. You can download it as a simple text file (which will make it lose its formatting) or as an HTML file, which you can afterwards open in any browser (and export as a PDF, should you wish).
Speeches can be made while in a Round, while using the online app; in Prepd Offline, while you can access existing speeches, you won't be able to create new ones, or edit any of them. Please be mindful of this and make sure you sync all your speeches before a tournament.